Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Friday, July 26, 2013

July 25, 2013



Hola! 
This week has been great! Just been learning Spanish some more haha. Today I just realized I have eleven days and I'm off to Mexico. Time is flying by! I feel like I got here 2 days ago and I don't know any Spanish compared to natives! which is very true,... but I'll be alright! 

This week in one of the devotionals the speaker was talking about companions. How as companions we need to set an example for the other missionaries and the people! I feel its the same way for members of the church. We need to be better examples to others. I know I wasn't great at all with that before I left on my mission but that is something we all should strive for and I am now. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE WATCHING YOU! That's something I definitely thought about this week. It's definitely true especially for me being the tall gringo missionary going to Mexico. I'm sure plenty of people will be keeping their eye on me! But that's just one thought I had this week. 

I have an MTC investigator(fake) that is progressing and is reading the Book of Mormon. Something fun we get to do also is we teach the missionaries in our district. We pretend to be nonmembers or former members and take the discussions. We can choose someone we know or make it up its all up to us. It's good experience cause you then see how the investigators you teach feel by experiencing it first hand. It's a pretty cool activity and whoever came up with it is a genius. 


So this last Monday I flew out to Las Vegas! Please don't be concerned haha it was only to get my visa!!! So I have my visa and am all set to go to Mexico on August 5th I believe! 

So everything is going great! Except my camera broke somehow..... not too happy about that. Guess you'll have to ship me a new one or I'll have to go to the bookstore and see if they have one! not to sure! 

Everything is going great glad to hear the family is doing well! I love you all! 

Love,

Elder Hakes    
with Sister Rodriguez


Elder Kraus, Elder Ahby, Elder Parker, Elder Child, Elder Herr, Elder Barth, 
Elder Capell, Elder Hakes (My MTC district)

with Elder Bentson

with Elder Billings

with Elder Kanaga

Elder Wilkins from Chandler, AZ went to Perry High


Provo Temple


Oh the friends you meet as you walk to devotional.....Karen Toone, Kyle Groberg, Rock Shill
Clayton Hooper and Colby Neilson

No comments:

Post a Comment