Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August 25, 2014





HELLO FAMILY!!!!!!

 Everything is going rather swell over here! My companion just got here fresh off the plane from the MTC of Mexico. His name is Elder Lumbreras. Is a little chubby but that's just moire to love! haha. He's from Iguala, Guerrero, Mexico. Born in Mexico City and recently moved to Iguala. He is a very good missionary honestly! He surprised me a lot. He knows very well why he is here and works hard to fulfill his purpose as a missionary. I've learned a lot from him so far. It's good to see a new missionary, they honestly have more faith than the normal missionary. They get here and know everything is true and believe that everyone else is going to believe them. And it honestly happens. I've enjoyed seeing it happen this week.

Elder Lumbreras and his smashed banana.
We also had some amazing experiences with prayer. We were working and it started raining rather strongly. We prayed and asked the Lord to make it stop. We waited a few more minutes my companion cleaned his backpack cause he smashed a banana that he had inside haha. And after he finished cleaning the rain stopped and we kept working. It was a cool experience that he reminded me the power of prayer and that if we have the faith the Lord will give us. Also as a new missionary we stay in the house an hour later than the normal missionary and we study and practice. So we have a lot more to do and to learn. It was good to remind me of the basics because those are the most important. And when we do the basics right everything else becomes easy!

 I know that theses things are true. I know that the Lord loves each and everyone of us and because of that he will answer our prayers. It wont always be in the time we want or the way we want, but he will answer us. Also our president of the mission reminded us of the importance of reading the Book of Mormon daily. So we have been focusing a little bit more in studying that. It's been very fun. I've seen lots of scriptures that I need to hear and what my investigators need. I love the Book of Mormon. READ IT DAILY! I don't care how many years you have in the church or how many times you've read it, I promise you will learn more every single time you read. We aren't perfect. We are like the dishes. There's a plate that we get dirty. So we put it in the sink. Sometimes we wash it immediately other times no. And if not, we just keep getting more and more dishes. But every time we have to go back and clean them. Our life are the dishes we have problems, doubts, anger, frustration, etc. But when we wash our dishes with the Scriptures and the Atonement we can be clean once again. I know this is true. The Lord wants us to get better so we have to read the scriptures and understand his will. And only more with the world we live in! Stay strong and do it.

Love,
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment