Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Friday, August 15, 2014

August 11, 2014



My District

 

Alright ....this week was rather interesting!!!!! My companion had to get his wisdom teeth taken out on Tuesday. So we had to stay in the house the whole day for almost all week. I did divisions with young men in the ward too so that I could work a little bit. My companion is now feeling better and we are gonna work. 







Also this week was the first time I've gone to the  hospital in the mission......I went to go give a blessing haha! There was a member sick and we went and gave him a blessing yesterday. Haven't heard anything yet, but we are hoping he gets better quickly. 


 




Today we went to a Brazilian grill!!!! It was super good! Our Bishop was very kind and paid for us! It was so good though! I haven't had so much meat in a long time and how good it was:) 

 





 Also always the favorite of Grilled Pineapple and here they put cinnamon on it which just makes it even better!!! I love the whole thing! Also I bought a new suit that cost $90 super sweet and cheap! 




This week we are going to have another baptism! His name is Mauricio. He lives in a part member family. His brother is in the mission right now and he just started going to church like a month ago. He's liked everything and is changing and will be baptized this week! Also something pretty cool that I have learned this week is the power of making covenants with the Lord. Our zone leader taught us about daily covenants that we can make. So I decided to make one. I didn't really even know if I was going to leave to work that day cause my companion was still out of it. But I felt I should make a covenant. I Promised that I would have a certain number of lessons and contacts and a couple other things and I asked that if I did that if the Lord would help me find 2 new people to teach. SO the day went on and I had nobody to go with me. I felt kinda bummed out cause I wasn't going to be able to work. But I kept looking for someone that could go with me to visit. Finally I found someone at about 6 PM that could help. So by then I only had 3 hours to do all that I had planned. SO, we went and worked as hard as we could to complete. We fell short BUT the Lord saw the efforts we were making and blessed us with half of what we asked. Even though I didn't hold up my end, the Lord blessed me with 1 new person. He gave me half of what I wanted. 

I Know that the Lord loves us. He will complete all of his promises no matter how big or small but we also must be willingly to hold up our end of the deal. Look for the way to apply this in your life. You could say I'm gonna share my testimony twice a day for a week and if I do it, I ask that you bless me with one person to go to church with us. Try the Lord see if he hold is promises. I know he does and always will. 

Love,

Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment