Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Monday, July 14, 2014

July 7, 2014




So.... I just met the new president. He seems like a good man. He is a little serious but he is very cool. Also I received a call yesterday from him. He called me to say I'm going to be a district leader and that I will be going to Orizaba. It's the zone that is the coldest in the mission. What I've heard is its super nice and lots of members that are very supportive. I'm excited! Honestly nervous to be a district leader but excited to go and learn some more. 

This week was rough..... we had a baptism planned. We got with him and hiked a 30 minute hike to a beautiful waterfall. One with 3 falls and everything was so awesome. We got there and were all ready. I walked into the water and turned around and he was having doubts on the shore talking to my companion. That was like 15 minutes then finally he came in and stopped halfway between me and the shore an  had another breakdown. At which point I went to him and my companion took his shoes and socks off rolled up his pant leg and we were talking to him. We were literally there for 45 minutes talking and giving our testimonies. But at the end he still didn't do it.... He walked out and we went home. VERY VERY disappointing  to be honest. But he has lots of mental problems. He has anxiety, paranoia, and who knows what else. It was just really tough, but oh well! Hopefully next week he will be baptized.

Sorry its not a long letter its been a busy day and I haven't had much time. 

Love you guys,
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment