Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 3, 2014



Hello,
This week was an alright one. I've been having a hard time getting along with my companion. It was very hard for me to adjust to him and a new area but now I finally started a little bit and learned some hard words. I feel like they are some of the hardest 2 words there are. They are "I'M SORRY" or "FORGIVE ME". I don't know why it was hard for me to get along with him....more than anything it was that I was trying to be super obedient and he didn't care as much. It put me in a very frustrated and angry mood which doesn't really work for you as a missionary. BUT, I finally learned those couple words that are so easy but yet so hard. It's amazing to see what happens when you just talk with the person. And so my companion and I started to get along better and we had a little bit of success. I feel like that was what I had to learn this exchange. Now, my companion is leaving tomorrow. This exchange went faster than all the others I've had. But now I'll start a new one and work hard to find success. 

This work is amazing and I love learning more every day. 

I love you guys very much and thank you all.

Love,
Elder Hakes

1 comment:

  1. Oh Brent, even 30 years later (YIKES--I can't be that old), I soooo remember a similar situation. I had a companion that drove me CRAZY!! I had to learn why she was the way she was and then, things got better. HARD lesson to learn, but a good one. Keep up the good work Elder!!

    ReplyDelete