Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Monday, March 24, 2014

March 17, 2014



Alright! 

I'm feeling pretty good about this cabin your gonna make me;) haha. Sounds like it's gonna be sweet when I get back. 

This week has been rather interesting hahhaa! We went to go help clean the church and there was a dead dog in front! It was just dead it didn't have any blood or cuts or anything it was just dead. This was Saturday by the way! We were thinking of ways to get rid of it or what we should do.... so we finally decided that we had to move. SO we got a little tarp and rolled it onto that. Then we carried it to a spot where its more jungle like and not as many people and we through it in the forest hahaha. IT was rather interesting..I took a video but I can't send it to you cause it's too big....but I have some photos so don't worry!!!! haha. 

This week we finally confirmed a baptismal date for this Sunday. Her name Maria del Carmen. We have worked with her for a long time! But before she was drinking coffee and didn't want to get rid of it but she finally committed to get rid of it and be baptized!!!! I'm excited for that one. I've been waiting a long time for a baptism here...finally coming up on Sunday. We've been working hard to find people to teach and we found 10 new people this week. Its been hard finding the people and then making sure that they keep listening and actually go to church. You never would think that it would be hard to get someone to go to church.... think again! 

We are working right now with lots of kids...its kind of a struggle to teach them and keep them really entertained at the same time. This week I have been remembering the holy ghost. The importance it has in the conversion of every single one of us. The way we receive our knowledge is through the spirit. Starts with studying and then practicing with your companion. Then, when we teach and the spirit is there so that they feel the need to pray and ask God. Then that the investigators can receive the spirit. The Holy spirit testifies of the truth and helps us know right from wrong and shows us all things that we must do. I know that this is the way we receive our testimony and that is we keep doing it is when we become converted. I love talking about this subject. 

There was a talk That Elder Bednar gave in the MTC that he talked a lot about this. I really liked it, I just wish I could find it. It's name is "Character of Christ".  Talked about a  lot of things but this is one of the things that stood out most to me. He said, "Just because you have a testimony doesn't mean you're converted". We are always striving and working to strengthen our testimonies. From now until the day we die. And then we receive the confirmation of these truths. I know that the way to learn the truth is through prayer and the holy spirit. We can have it in all moments and that it guides us through the hard times in our lives. 

I love this work and the support you all give me. Take care!

Love,
Elder Hakes










No comments:

Post a Comment