Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 4, 2014



Hello,
 
This week has been pretty good! We are still working hard to find new people...that's what we are lacking right now, people that want to learn and progress. This week we had a visit from Elder Johnson. He's the president of the area or something like that. He is a great man and taught us a lot. What I liked the most is he explained to us the nature of God. He also left us with an interesting challenge. He told us to go home and in the night offer a prayer asking the following:
1. God do you exist?
2. Do you know me?
3. Do you have a plan for me?
4. Do you love me?
It was interesting to think about this because it's honestly something I had never done, or thought about. I've always believed in God, why should I ask? But I did it. I had an amazing experience. I was thinking about this for a couple days and then I went to read my patriarchal blessing. In my blessing, I received the confirmation I was looking for. 

I testify that God exists. He is our loving father in heaven. He loves me and he loves you. He knows my thoughts my weaknesses etc. And more than that is that he will help us in our trials. He has a plan for every single one of us, but we have the agency to choose to follow him or the devil. If we follow him we are blessed and will have the opportunity to receive Eternal Life, the greatest gift. We may forget God, but He will never forget us. 

Stay strong in the faith always abounding in good works and keeping the commandments. 

I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Love,
Elder Hakes  






No comments:

Post a Comment