Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 17, 2014



Dear Family,

This week we had an OK week. We had 6 investigators in the church. We are working really hard with a grandma over here. She has listened to all the lessons and understands them all. She can be baptized when she wants too. So, she had her interview and she's been drinking coffee so she has to wait 15 days.... That kind stunk but hey, she's got to learn the word of wisdom. We also have a kid that is 13 years old. He also has problems with coffee. Its crazy over here the kids are all drinking coffee I've even seen babies that are drinking coca cola out of the baby bottle. CRAZY PEOPLE!!! 

My companion is from Mexico City. He's pretty short haha. He's a good guy it's just been a little bit harder to adjust to him because he is bipolar. Also to adjust to the different teaching styles. We starting to get along better and the teaching also. It was a little hard at first but we are starting to get clicking. 

This week we found 21 new people to teach. The only bad thing is we didn't have any of them in the church! SO we are gonna work really hard to get them in the church. I want to fill up the whole sacrament with investigators. Our attendance has grown a little bit. 

Our branch president told us we need 3 more worthy men that pay tithing so it can be a ward and they can build a church. Right now they rent a house. That's one of my goals before I leave here. That they can have all the plans to build the church and 3 worthy men paying tithing. There is actually a lot of potential in this little town. The branch president is a super good dude and really knows how to lead. When I first saw him I thought , "Wow, he'd be a darn good linebacker" haha. He looks like an NFL linebacker! Big man! haha. 

I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for me here. Its weird to think I already have 5 weeks here. I just started I thought! This week we had a conference with President TreviƱo. It was pretty awesome. We talked a little bit about what we learned from a different conference and also we could think of what the Lord has in store for us, and what he expects of us. We watched a video that showed lots of photos or video clips of the Savior. SO I was sitting there thinking about many things....before we even started the movie I had tons of things that came to my head of what he expects of me. Most of it came to me from Patriarchal Blessing. I could feel the spirit confirm the words of my blessing and what I am to do in this life. I know the Lord has a plan specifically for me. And everyone of us. Sometimes it's long and hard and we feel down. Other moments, we can't hold back all the joy we have within. Every single experience we have, we have it for a reason! Look in your own life and analyze day by day the things you were blessed with. We can find the Love of our Savior in every single day. I know he lives, he loves us, and is waiting with open arms on the other side of the veil. The question is if you are willing to follow him.

Love,
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment