Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10, 2013



Dear Family,
 
Alright.....this week has been a good one! The church was literally full this week! I don't remember if I have said anything, but it's a branch of about 40. This week we have 60 and about half of the extra 20 were investigators! That felt pretty darn good to see that. We also found quite a few new people that are truly ready to hear the gospel. One of them is a family of 5. We found them Saturday and they came to church the next day and loved it! Had lots of questions and we are gonna go find them this week. It was awesome! That was one of the better weeks in church. I was kinda scared at first because we got there and had about 10 people there right before we started the meeting. But the branch president was even a little late and then we went to look for another investigator. We came back and there were like 50 people. We are working hard to get a lot of baptisms this next month. We are working to find a couple for this month too but its a little more difficult cause they have to go to church 5 times before baptism. 

This week was also my birthday so I ate some of my favorite tacos:) It was great! I'm gonna learn how to make them so I can teach you guys maybe even a restaurant some day! Also a learned a good friend of mine is going on a mission. I will be an uncle of a baby boy. My rugby team beat a rival. And the work went really well. What more to ask for? haha. I'm happy with what I have. The lord knows our necessities. If we do our part, he will bless us.

I love this work. I hope all is well back home. 

I love you guys, thank you for all the support.
 
Elder Hakes










No comments:

Post a Comment