Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 27, 2014



This week has been rather interesting. It's a little different adjusting to another area and companion. It's a little easier when it's just a new companion. I don't like walking around a town without knowing anything. Not to mention it's just weird. I feel like the people are more closed and don't like to listen. I've met 2 atheists that were trying to prove God isn't real and countless who say the Book of Mormon is fake. And I've never met so many people that just want to fight with us about doctrine. I'll be honest, that put me in a little bit of a slump and I feel like all the investigators we have aren't listening when we speak. I would say that's probably my fault because I'm not verifying if they understand. 

But, despite all the difficulties of this week all the things that people have said has only helped my testimony grow. Because the people say all these things, then it makes you have even that much more of a desire to study and find the things that the people are missing and don't understand and then guess what?.... you find the truth. That everything in this world testifies that there is a God. That Joseph Smith was a prophet chosen to restore the church through the guidance of God and his angels. That the Book of Mormon was prophesied long ago. The church is true.  If you want to know,  ask God in the name of his son Jesus Christ and he will answer! Obviously, he isn't going to descend from the heavens to tell you, but he will make it known through your feelings (love, peace,calmness, etc not sure of the words in English). The Lord loves us and for that reason he will respond and guide us so that we may know the truth. But first, we must be worthy of his spirit by keeping the commandments. I testify of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. You will not find a book that is more correct. I also testify of the bible to be the word of God in the correct translation. Joseph Smith was called of God to restore the church over the basis of Prophets, Apostles, Revelation, and the Holy Priesthood. Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you. 

Love
Elder Hakes 

No comments:

Post a Comment