Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 7, 2013



Hey everybody! 

I really hope you were paying attention in conference this last week! Cause it was pretty awesome! I don't have my notes with me but I remember that I loved Ballard's talk. I'm trying to remember what he talked about though haha.... I think it was about missionary  work. There were a lot speaking about the missionary work and mostly about the members part. As a missionary having members work with you is honestly the most efficient way to work. I've learned that in my short time here! There were also a lot of talks about women and keeping your standards high. I'm not sure why but that stuck out a lot to me. Just always remember who you are guys or girls. We live in a world full of sin! FULL! Do the little things right and all will be ok! Never forget the little things cause the second you do you WILL fall. We can't live in this world without the blessings we have within the church. We have been given much and we also must give. My challenge to anybody who reads this is to share your testimony 3 times this month. Believe me that is super easy! haha. I don't remember but I want to say it was Ballard's talk where he said if we all just invited one person before Christmas then how would the church grow or something like that. There are 15 million members of this church and 80 thousand 300 and 3 missionaries in the field. And the numbers should only grow. Do our part forget ourselves and get to work. As every prophet we have ever had has said members are missionaries. Spencer W. Kimball specifically is famous for the every member  a missionary quote. The work is hastening but it will only go as far as we let it by doing our part. 

I loved one of the quotes from Pres. Uchtdorf where he said something along the lines of don't criticize others for their sins because you have the same as them. I honestly don't remember what it was but it was something like that. He also shared the story of Christ in the temple and how they brought the woman who was caught in adultery and he said any of ye with out sin let him cast the first stone. I loved that! We all have problems in this world and most of the time we don't even know when someone is having problems. But that's why we have the church "for the strengthening and edifying of the saints one with another". Love one another and pick up our brothers and sisters in this world. Help them, encourage them, heck invite them to church where they can get help from all members! The church is a support system in a way. We are all there for one another and pick each other up. I'm trying to think of what else I liked and I cant remember....but those were the biggest things I remembered. 

General conference in the mission is like Christmas! haha. Its so awesome! The time honestly flew by and I'm proud to say I didn't fall asleep once! Although I was pretty darn close 2 times haha. But remember why we have these prophets. These men speak the scriptures of our day. We always talk about studying the scriptures (Book of Mormon,Bible) but remember the scriptures of today. They receive inspiration for all of us. They know what we need and they freely give it. Why not take part in it? Its right there and its free! The prophets speak the word of god. Something I did before the conference is I wrote questions I wanted answers to. After the first session the prophets had already answered every question I had. We have prophets and scriptures, and prayer. Do these things and you will be blessed. The Lord wants to bless us but we need to do our part first. Always remember that. Conference was truly amazing! It was a little hard trying to understand in Spanish but I understood enough to answer my questions. 

I love you guys! Thank you for all the support!!! Never forget who you are and stand tall in this world!       

Love,
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment