Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013




Buenos Dias familia y amigos!

The mission is going great. This week me and my companion have tried extremely hard to be obedient in everything we do and we have been blessed. We did a lot of knocking doors and just talking with people. Whenever an appointment would fall through we would contact a neighbor, just little things like that. But always remember Alma 37:6-7.... By small and simple means are great things brought to pass. We found like 11 investigators that we are going to see this week. Sadly I know that most of them will fall through, but if that happens they will be prepared for the next missionaries. During the week we will have to go check with all of them and we will see how they are. 

I want to share one experience that happened. The other day me and my companion had made a contact and set up an appointment with that lady for the next day. SO the day came around and it was 7:30PM and we went to look for the person. We got there and the lights were out and no one was home. We were waiting and just decided to knock. But no one came. The neighbors from the other side of the street said hey no one is home. My companion just said oh ok thanks. And we were about to leave the street. I don't know why, but thought came to me contact these people. SO I told my companion and he said no. Haha. Then I asked him again and he stopped and thought about it. Then we went and contacted them. We went and we had an awesome lesson with them. They are evangelists but they were asking us tons of questions and wanted to learn. Short story.... the lesson lasted until 9:15. We talked about all kinds of things and the woman told us she would read the Book of Mormon.  It was just a small little thing. I don't know if anything will happen, but that experience was one that I won't forget. 

The Lord has people prepared and they are ready to listen to this message. The message that the gospel is restored , we have prophets, families can be together forever, etc. 

If you read this I have a challenge for you. Probably all of you are members first off. So you have the responsibility to share the gospel with all people. Think and pray of one person that you could talk with about the gospel. I promise that there is at least one person you know ready to listen you just have to share. There's a quote I learned in the MTC that says... Where E'er thou art, act well thy part. This is my challenge and I know you can find people the Lord loves and blesses us every day. Just look for the Lord's hand. 

Love,
Elder Hakes 




HELP!!
Angry
mom
Report her
to
1-800-Grandparents


No comments:

Post a Comment