Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November 17, 2014



So it was a good week.....New area and new companion and we hit the ground running! Honestly it was one of the better weeks I've had in my mission. So my area is rather small to look at the ward on a map the ward is Vulcanes Stake Villa Rica, Mexico Veracruz. It's divided in 2 parts and we only have like 3 neighborhoods and no members. There's like one family that half of them are active. So I was a little confused on that one? But we worked hard. We found 11 new people to teach and had 7 people in church. So that was a super week. Normally I was only finding like 4 people in my other area and the last 2 weeks we didn't have anyone in church so it went well this week. 
 The area isn't the most beautiful like other areas.....lots of rock streets and dirt. It normally is super humid and it was for 1 or 2 days this week. But we had some luck because there were some Northern winds. They help cool everything down and throw a bunch of dirt in our eyes. It's all good though, gotta take the good with the bad. 
My companion is Elder Anaya from Mexico City. Another one from over there its my 3rd companion from over there. He's a good man we are working hard to get this area baptizing again. Only baptized 1 in this last month so we are working to find some more people. 
 Recently I've been reading my Book of Mormon a little bit more. It's gone good and I've enjoyed it. I've been using a study guide book for Seminary teachers and its helped to make my studies more interesting. I studied also  D&C 4 today. I liked it a lot. It showed me all that I must do to be a great missionary and how to do it. I'm feeling weird in the mission....I'm starting become one of the older ones in the mission and time going fast. So......I gotta keep working hard. The Lord still expects a lot more of me. I feel a lot more focused right now than I have been in months and I'm gonna keep it up so I can do my Father's work.
I also studied this week my missionary purpose. I believe it has to do with everything that Christ asked Peter as you showed me mom. The most important is that I never lose the focus in the Glory of God. That's why I'm here and the way to fulfill the Glory of God is to bring more souls unto him through baptism and help them to get to the temple and make more covenants there. That is my desire and that is why I'm working. 

I remember clearly 2 years ago in the Christmas Family reunion. There I bore my testimony. I felt the spirit in that moment so strongly and received my answer that I had to go in the mission. At times I may not remember that as much as I should....but I recognize it clearly right now. And knowing this, I gotta get to work. The Lord gave me an answer and commanded me to come on a mission, I must continue doing all that I can to convert myself and all others that I come in contact with. This is the work of the Lord. I am an instrument in his hands. I must be faithful, hopeful, full of charity, loving with all people, and focused in helping others to come unto Christ. If I do that, I will fulfill my purpose in coming to Veracruz.

Love always,
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment