Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May 5, 2014



This week was alright hahaha. The sun got me pretty good and I had dermatitis! My stomach and chest were both super red and were inflamed! It itched a lot also haha. But Now its all gone and I'm better. 

This week we had 2 really awesome activities that we did. One was a family night with the whole branch. In the Family Home Evening, we taught the 1st lesson about the restoration of the gospel. Very simple and quickly in a way that the members could all understand. Then, we did an activity that was pretty sweet. We divided all the people into 3 groups. We told them they had to create their own church and that they were going to present it to me. I was going to be Joseph Smith in the activity and they all had to convince me that their church was true. It helped me to feel a tiny bit of what Joseph Smith felt. I went with all 3 groups and to be honest, if I was a 14 year old kid I would join whichever one of the churches that presented. But just like Joseph Smith, I felt that they all were almost exactly the same and all said that they were true. But all of them were lacking 3 important elements:
1. A prophet
2. 12 Apostles
3. The Authority of God or Priesthood

I know that this is the restored church on the earth. The only church in which we can receive eternal life through ordinances performed by worthy priesthood holders. We can have a family forever because through these sacred covenants and ordinances. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the church of God on the earth. All that read this, I ask and plead that you ask God if this is his church. I promise that if you do this, you will receive the assurance that these things are true. 

The other activity was a day for the children. Its a holiday they have here in Mexico. But it was good and we had many investigators that came. Enjoyed some hamburgers it was all pretty cool. 

This week I got eat a coconut! It wasn't the first time but they are pretty good! You cut it open with a machete and then drink all the water.
After that you eat all the white stuff on  the inside. Its pretty sweet. I liked it a lot actually!

We also confirmed our 2 baptisms from last week  and they are super happy! 
We are now working with their brother to help him out too! He will be baptized on the 18th of May. 

Life's good! Just working hard hope you guys are too;) 

Love,
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment