Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

December 9, 2013



Dear Family,
This week was a good one. We found quite a few people who are really good. We found a woman and her husband named Perla and Octavio. We have been talking more with Perla because her husband is always working. But, she is Catholic and is a very good woman. The problem is she isn't married And needs to get divorced.....it seems like that is always the problem. And she didn't go to church cause she has to go to her Catholic church. Then we found a man named Tiburcio. He is a super good man. He let us in and we have taught him twice. He likes everything that he has heard so far. Unfortunately he didn't go to church yesterday though....we told a member to pass by the house for him on her way to church but she got confused or something and didn't go. So, he didn't come to church either. Needless to say it was kinda tough in the fact that we didn't have a whole lot of investigators in the church. We did have Paola and Jorbelin. I don't remember if I've talked about them before but....they are cousins. One of them is 12 and the other is 15. Both these girls have gone to church 3 times and have all the lessons we teach as missionaries. They are pretty good but they still have to go 2 more times to church. So they will be baptized on the 22nd. I think that's just about the best Christmas present you could get. But regardless we are working hard. 

Tomorrow we have transfers but I found out yesterday that I am going to be staying another exchange in Carlos A Carrillo. I'm all good with that although sometimes I kinda want to leave. I want to leave and be with another gringo with the same time where I have to do everything. Cause I feel like that would be the best way for me to learn. But regardless I am happy happy happy to be here and learn a little bit more from my companion. He's helping me a lot to learn more about the lessons and how to help the people. 

The other day I went to the temple! That was pretty awesome! A little bit weird with the new video and it being in Spanish, but I liked it a lot! The temple is such an amazing place. If you live nearby the temple you should go once a week! It's such an amazing place! I love it there. 










We also had a Christmas devotional as the mission.



Then yesterday we got to watch the Christmas devotional from the first presidency. I liked the end when Russel M. Nelson spoke a lot. The devotional was amazing and a great reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. And since it's the Christmas season I think we should be forgiving. Forget yourself and help all others. and the best gift as a member of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints that you can give is the gospel. Please share the gospel with someone you know.

I got to give a talk in sacrament this last Sunday and was thinking in the point of view of the members and came up with a formula. 1. Love your neighbor or the person you want to share the gospel with. 2. Serve them in whatever way you can 3. They will recognize the difference in you and you can share the gospel and testify of the gospel and how it has blessed you 4. Then we MUST invite. In preach my gospel it talks about the importance of all of this but especially in inviting. Millions of people are looking for the truth but don't know where to find it. We have the duty as members of the church to share the gospel. This Christmas give your heart to some in service, then share your happiness with them and invite them to learn more. It's a simple pattern that I know is true and works. The Lord blesses us for our efforts. Look for someone in your life to share the gospel with. I promise there is at least one person you know waiting. 

I love you guys thank you for everything.

Love
Elder Hakes   

No comments:

Post a Comment