Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16, 2013



Dear Family,
 
Well, this week was alright ... not too bad not too good. On Tuesday I got sick..... luckily it wasn't till in the night after we had finished teaching all of our investigators. I got salmonella food poisoning:) That was just a great experience let me tell ya......I threw up about 10 times and I had diarrhea like crazy. I felt like it was New Year's Eve in my stomach and my face was whiter than the moon. If that's not enough graphic for you,  I can go into depth even more but I'd rather not do that haha. It was just not very fun and we will leave it at that. I went to the hospital at 10:30 PM and got home at 2:30 AM. The next day I had the opportunity to go in a bus for 2 hours there and 2 hours back. I was pretty darn tired that day. Things I learned from this experience:
1. The doctors here are not very good at injecting, they messed up 3 times with the needle
2. The doctors are very good with their drugs cause I was good as new after 1 day
3. Pregnant ladies scream a lot (I was in a bed and a lady that was gonna have her baby was right next me on another bed)
4. Never want to go back to a hospital in Mexico nor have salmonella

So ya that was that experience..... haha. Besides that, the week went ok. We went with Paola and she has been really rebellious...she hit her mom and smoked.... it's just not a great story over there right now. We want to help her but you can't help someone if they don't accept the help. Then, we found a woman named Malena. She is a cousin of the 2nd counselor of the bishopric. She is a very smart lady and likes the church a lot. She said the first time she talked with the missionaries and they gave her the Book of Mormon, she read most of it in a week or 2. SO she was excited to see us again and to get another Book of Mormon. The only bad thing is she didn't go to church this week.... we went and talked with her neighbor who is a different investigator and she told us that she went to a party the other night. So....that was a bummer but she is really good besides that. 

Then, we were talking with her neighbor who is Jorbelin. She is a pretty amazing 12 year old to be completely honest. She acts and looks more like a matured 20 year old. I was shocked when she said shes only 12. But we couldn't find her because she was working so we talked with her mom. Her mom told us that she came out one day and said "Be quiet because I'm going in my room to pray if the Book of Mormon is true because I have to know."  That was a pretty amazing thing to hear! But she didn't go to church either..... 

In fact we didn't have an investigator in the sacrament. I felt horrible that first hour. It was just like "what the heck? Whats going on here?" Its literally the worst feeling in the world. So I said a prayer in my heart asking the Lord if just one person would show up. Me and my companion got up after the first hour and walked outside to find the mother of Jorbelin in the hall with her daughters Isis and Ivon. That was just such an awesome feeling. Because I was literally dying because no one was there and then we found them in the hall, I can't even tell you the joy I felt! But they went through the whole time and they loved everything. And the mom is gonna listen to us to now. 

That was pretty much my week. Life is good! I'm doing great, love the mission.
Love
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment