Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Monday, November 11, 2013

November 11, 2013



 Ok this week was a roller coaster that ended going upward! The work during the week was a little slow. We weren't finding a lot of people and we just weren't having a lot of success. We ended the week and we really had nothing to show for it. We went to church and were kinda bummed. Only 3 investigators went to church and 2 less actives that we were talking with. 

Earlier in the week or last week I don't remember. We were teaching a 12 year old girl. I had taught her with my old companion and a bunch of other missionaries before us. But anyways we went with her during the week and she said, "I was baptized in the catholic church. I don't need another baptism." So we taught everything about why she needed to be baptized again and then she said the same thing but added at the end, "I don't want to keep meeting with you guys". It was tough because we had been working a while with her and then boom just turns us down completely. So we left her. But then she came to church Sunday, which was normal cause she has cousins that are in the church. She didn't say anything to us at all. Then the end of church Michel and her aunt came over to us. Michel told us she wanted to be baptized and that it will be this Saturday! Man....I felt like I had won the lottery or something like that! haha. It was awesome to hear those words.

Then, we had our baptism after that and baptized Esmeralda. We couldn't baptized Marbella cause she drank coffee...an 11 year old drinking coffee. Ridiculous....but she is going to be baptized now on the 29th of November. So that's how the week ended! It was awesome to see. 

It's just the same as what I said in my last letter the Lord blesses us for obedience. Go read practically any chapter of 1Nefi and you will find an example of obedience. That's what I want to do. I want to strive to be like Nephi... he was obedient and he was blessed so much. I know it's the same thing for nosotros. (its getting harder to write in English)..... I can't keep my Spanish and English straight. haha. Never thought that day would come around.

I'm loving it here in the mission. My comp right now Elder Vasquez is a boss. He's a good man and knows how to teach. I like when he teaches because he is very direct and gets right to the core. We are working hard and we are only gonna have to work harder to have more success. I love this work The Work of Salvation. Love you guys thank you for all the support.
Love,
Elder Hakes

No comments:

Post a Comment