Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

February 2, 2015



Hello FAMILIA Y AMIGOS!!!! 

SO this has been an alright week. My companion and I are learning and trying lots of new ways to help the zone get better. We are gonna focus on verifying. So I thought I'd share with you guys what I learned while studying about this. First off, verifying and seeing how someone is doing is not all that we need to do. As leaders in whatever we do whether it be sports, your job, or as a missionary it doesn't matter it has the same basic concept. As zone leader I check with 3 leaders almost every night and they report to me about the 4 other missionaries that they are in charge of. Any doubts, questions, asking how to get better, etc. As a leader we have to answer in the moment that the person asks the question. We give them an idea of what they can do to resolve their problems. And would call that that we must teach when we verify. First giving the example and giving them ideas. Then the person will think about the problem and the way to do things better and in doing so they will look for the way to make the idea we gave them better. In doing so we will both be edified the leader and the person we verify or teach. Also it allows the person to work upon their own desires not only because I told them they had to do it but because they want to do it. Not sure if I explain myself well but this is the method I'm gonna use to help my Zone be better. 

Also this week I went on divisions to a city called Huatusco,Veracruz. It's a beautiful place. I'd check it out on the internet! I went with 2 missionaries that only have 6 months in their missions.  It was awesome! I like to be with younger missionaries, because it give me the opportunity to learn a ton from them and the huge desire that they have to share the gospel. Of course I also have the opportunity to find the way to help them get better. And the best part is the new missionaries ALWAYS want to get better!!! Sometimes there are missionaries that have time in the mission and they don't like getting corrected. But the new missionaries love getting corrected and they do what you tell them and they get better! Its awesome haha. 

I'm still getting use to the Zone Leader position. It's a lot different than district leader but its going good I'm enjoying and learning a lot!! The weather has been great!!!! We are trying to work a lot harder in our area. We have been more focused in our zone than in our own area and so we gotta work on that and we are gonna get better here. 

Also they changed our zone a lot!!! We had 24 missionaries and we have 9 new missionaries. A new district leader and a new sister training leader and one of the sisters is gonna train a new missionary. Also they pretty much changed an entire district. So it should be fun!!! Lots of new faces and we can use that to our advantage to help them and to gain their confidence. Should be a fun new exchange!!!!!

Love always,

ELDER HAKES 










No comments:

Post a Comment