Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February 16, 2015



This last week was a lot better for my companion and I!!! We worked a lot harder and smarter. We used the members to help us out with our investigators and with finding other new investigators. Team work is always so much better than trying the one on one game. So we had 4 investigators go to church with us this last week. 2 married couples. The only thing is the both of them I didn't really get to know that well haha. During 2 days last week I was in divisions in another area so I  didn't get to meet them and get to know them. I'll let you know more information on them next week. The 2 divisions I did were pretty fun. One was to help a companionship get along better and the other was just to help the missionaries work harder and go with multiple investigators at the same time. 

The one with the companionship that doesn't get along is a tough case......They both have a character that is so similar that they don't get along. But I could talk with them and share some scriptures with them. One of them I thought was pretty dang good and funny. Its 2Nefi 2:21 or something like that. I don't think that's right, but it pretty much said be men and be united. SO I told them to man up, get rid of the problems and move on. We are gonna be checking and seeing how it goes this week with the goals I put with them. 

The other divisions was with Elder Canton. He is Mexican from Cuatla Morelos. He has 6 months in the mission and likes to work hard and teaches well. We taught the Restoration together. It was such an AWESOME lesson. The spirit filled the room where we were teaching and the sister accepted everything! I love the clearness  and simpleness of the gospel. When we teach it like that the spirit is allowed to be in our lesson and testify of the truth of what we teach. I know the gospel has been restored. Every time I teach it, I only feel that it is more and more true. I invite all to check for themselves. Meet the missionaries and ask them to explain this message whether you be member of the church or not. It will help you to understand more about the church and the importance of the church today. And most importantly it will strengthen your testimony of Jesus Christ and his teachings. Then, if you desire to even strengthen yourself more, read the book of Mormon and ask God if it is true. He will answer you as he has answered me in my life. 

Love always,
Elder Hakes  

No comments:

Post a Comment