Mexico Vera Cruz Mission

Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013



Dear Family,

So this week I had my first baptism! Well....not really mine it was another companionships investigator. But they wanted me to baptize her. So I said yes..haha. I don't know it was kinda weird....I felt like they should've baptized her but I just had to do it according to them. 

This week has been a tough one.....for me personally. Not cause of the mission or people here but my companion. I just feel like we need to work harder. It seems that we waste a lot of time doing stupid things. (Oh here stupid is a bad word. That was something weird to me cause often do you hear that in the US? At least once a day I think.)   

Anyways other than that I've been great. This one family... well 2 members of the family... are so close to baptism! Its just I don't think the dad wants them too. He is never home cause he works in another city and then is only home on Sundays. And even when he is home all he does is sleep....so hopefully they will get baptized. I don't know...we are gonna talk to them later today. 

Spanish is coming better. I understand more. I like hanging out with the kids and talking to them. The kids are awesome I just want to go to primary.... but my companion won't let me:( haha. Plus they love me cause I'm the white American they can laugh at. But nope...I get to go to gospel doctrine:) Ya I want to got primary haha. But no worries! 

Mexico is beautiful, the people are awesome, the food is great, I'm on a mission, whats not to love? I'm doing great Spanish is coming along better with each day!  

Love,
ELder Hakes 

No comments:

Post a Comment